L4D2 Boycotters End Boycott!!

The leaders of the group boycotting Left 4 Dead 2 has decided to end the group and boycott of Left 4 Dead 2.  “Effective Wednesday October 21st 2009 at 12:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, this group will be closed.” was said by one of the groups leader’s Walking_Target.  He also stated that “The boycott has served its purpose,” but not before admitting the group itself had lost touch and became filled with spammers, trolls, and phishers (oh my!)

Stating they are pleased with Valve Agent Chaos, another leader of the boycott had this to say,

The recently released Crash Course was just the start. Future updates will continue to roll in, and 4v4 matchmaking is first in line. Valve has confirmed to us that it’ll be available before the release of L4D2. Also don’t forget, we have another DLC pack confirmed for sometime in the near future and of course, there will be bug fixes. This is as good as it can get people.

It’s good to see that this has ended peacefully and everyone is happy.  Both communities of L4D1 and L4D2 may now live in peace in this magical land known as the internets.

Steam Community Group – L4D2 Boycott [SteamCommunity]

30 Comments on "L4D2 Boycotters End Boycott!!"

1. ollie December 1, 2009 at 21:12 - Reply

thats fucking awsome that the l4d2 boycotters quit they shouls have though of that before they started bitching and i sleep well at night knowing that them stuiped fucks lost and l4d2 came out anyway which was going to happen regardless of all the lil fucks complaining so to all of those who though they could do somthing to stop l4d2 i say this….ha ha ha you all fucking suck and l4d2 is an awsome game and i look forward to you bitchs complaining,starting a boycott group,and quiting because you know your going to lose the next time you dont like a game so suck it you queer fucks and if you dont like it tell some one who gives a fuck…burn \m/

2. DeltronZero000 October 14, 2009 at 19:32 - Reply

Really whats the point of people boycotting a videogame. So they get acouple thousand people to not but it? There not going to change anything the game is still going to be released and people are going to buy it like the game developers planned. They really should be working together to help other causes. I mean if they can get over 40,000 people to attempt to boycott a game, go and try and raise money for something or help some people out that is more important.

3. Kenyi October 14, 2009 at 18:51 - Reply

That was about time they stopped the ridiculous boycot. To be honest, I didn’t really get why they were boycotting in the first place. I mean, I know Valve jumped to it really quick, but fuck, they placed a hell of a sequel out there (given the trailers, gameplay vids and such).

4. Death_Monkey October 14, 2009 at 16:33 - Reply

Finally, that had to be the stupidest thing I’ve seen come to gamers, it’s just a game. Think L4D1 with a LOT more updates.

5. turinx October 14, 2009 at 11:57 - Reply

I think it’s funny how so many people are calling them sellouts and that Valve “bought” them. I guess making a stand and then realizing that you were wrong isn’t enough for some people.

6. KnuckleBallz October 14, 2009 at 11:54 - Reply

Im glad theres no Casualties and Deaths.

7. Tovan October 14, 2009 at 06:18 - Reply

Well thank goodness it ended, but another group is going to pop up I bet. There are a lot of angry comments in reply to the closing message.

• Kreyg October 14, 2009 at 06:21 - Reply

yeah, I saw that, but hey what can you do? it’s the internet, ha!

8. Kreyg October 14, 2009 at 05:04 - Reply

You know, to be honest I can understand some of their frustrations. I was the same way with halo 1 to halo 2, then same when halo 3 came out. But they probably felt they were wrong and misguided until they played the game and valve promised all this content.

9. DeadStretch October 14, 2009 at 04:38 - Reply

I could fucking careless,lmao. But for real, I guess they finally realized they were wrong…which is always the “manly” thing to do…admit you were wrong.

10. xDSJxPyro October 14, 2009 at 04:35 - Reply

It makes me sick to know that Valve flew these guys out and showed them L4D 2, if this was any other game company, they would not have done shit. Valve is one of the greatest game developers. People who boycott this because it is too quick are going to miss out on one hell of a game. Oh well, sucks to be them.