Rumor: New Goldeneye Game Coming to Wii?

Craig Peck recently on his resume put as past experience that he worked for Eurocom as an animator for “Goldeneye 2010″ for Nintendo Wii.  Eurocom was responsible for porting the last Bond game Quantum of Solace, so they do have past experience with the Bond franchise.  While nothing else is known about this game at the moment, Peck’s resume read,

Animator – GoldenEye 2010 (Wii)
Animator on Activision’s James Bond series for the Nintendo Wii assisting in: Key frame animation, the preparation and clean-up of motion capture data, prop animation, in-game cut-scene animation, scene layout, and camera animation.

It seems though after all the rumors started flying around, Peck took down his website and resume which he had in the form of a PDF.  Could this mean that a new Goldeneye game is coming?  While nothing else has been confirmed or said about this game, will it be a remake of the Original Goldeneye on N64 or another crappy spinoff like Goldeneye: Rogue Agent?  As more details unfold about this, we will keep you updated.

[Superannuation Via Destructoid]

15 Comments on "Rumor: New Goldeneye Game Coming to Wii?"

1. WhatNow October 26, 2009 at 21:24 - Reply

Damn only for the Wii, at least the great series is getting a sequel.

2. MasterOfAwesomeness October 26, 2009 at 20:38 - Reply

If it’s only for the Wii then I probably won’t be getting it.

3. jesus guy October 26, 2009 at 19:58 - Reply

if its true….well i have nothing bad to say about it now,but i hope theres more info on it

4. turinx October 26, 2009 at 19:53 - Reply

If this is true then I am going to be majorly pissed. Mainly because the long rumored XBL version of Goldeneye had been shot down.

5. Kenyi October 26, 2009 at 19:50 - Reply

I really hope they make the awesome remake of the original James Bond. I still got that game on my N64, and it would be great to see the new, improved Goldeneye on the Wii, just for good nostalgia times.

6. rickyblaikie October 26, 2009 at 19:01 - Reply

renderware is gonna fuck it up i just know it

7. HitokiriBoricua October 26, 2009 at 18:40 - Reply

A new GoldenEye for the Wii. GoldenEye for the N64 was like my 3rd favorite game so hopefully if this is like Officially true I just pray that this game will be awesome and will have the same or better experience I had when I play the first one.

8. DeadStretch October 26, 2009 at 14:02 - Reply

Ahh Rumors, but this is a different type…A Resume, now that’s new.

9. xDSJxPyro October 26, 2009 at 13:20 - Reply

I just hope they do not kill this, but they probably will. I would love to see the original GoldenEye, but that will never happen.

10. MellowMeek October 26, 2009 at 13:08 - Reply

If they do release an updated version of Goldeneye, I don’t think it will be as awesome as everybody hopes. The game hasn’t aged that well.

Now if they remake it and actually put effort into it (i.e. the opposite of what they’re doing with Perfect Dark), then that would be awesome.

11. pastaalforno October 26, 2009 at 12:43 - Reply

Honestly, Goldeneye 007 for the N64, is in my opinion, the best Goldeneye video game to date. Such a classic. I loved that game so much, I wouldn’t mind if they simply just updated the graphics and made tight controls for the Wii – a purchase for me right there.

I really do hope they are making a remake of the N64 classic – that said, if they do, it better stay true to the original – or at least make it proud.

12. darkness2386 October 26, 2009 at 12:32 - Reply

I don’t even know what to think of this. While I did love goldeneye on N64 I always thought Perfect Dark was better which is why I can’t wait for it to come to the arcade.

13. Joelsteen October 26, 2009 at 12:30 - Reply

Please do keep us up to date on this one. I’m hoping that if in fact they do end up making it, it will be a remake of the original(The Best) for the N64. I had that game, and I played it all the time with my friends. Definitely one of the funnest games on the N64. I don’t know about it being on the Wii with the Wiimote aiming, but as long as it works close to the same as The Conduit or Dead Space, I should be able to tolerate it. Nice find Kreyg.