Going As A Pirate For Halloween? BANNED.

If you’re one of those JERKS who loves pirating games for the 360, be warned: Microsoft’s got a special goodie bag ready for you, and it’s loaded with poison and apples with razors in them.

A Microsoft spokesperson told IGN “”We have taken action against a small percentage of consoles that have been modified to play pirated game discs […] to combat piracy and support safer and more secure gameplay for the more than 20 million members of our Xbox LIVE community, we are suspending these modded consoles from Xbox LIVE.”

Apparently, the banning has been going on for about the past week, as evidenced by the amount of whiners on the Xbox.com user account suspension forums.

Arrr, matey. Pirates not be welcome here.

Microsoft Performs Mass Xbox Console Banning [IGN]

Author: John View all posts by
I am John, a contributor of Hot Blooded Gaming. Check out my Staff Profile. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at john@HotBloodedGaming.com

41 Comments on "Going As A Pirate For Halloween? BANNED."

1. astonman247 September 22, 2010 at 19:55 - Reply

I have really no beef with pirater’s, AT ALL. i agree game’s are getting to be ridicolous Priced like 70 bucks for a new release some people can’t afford that and it sucks to be spending that much. This is one COMMON reason why people pirate especially music and movies Because of Cost’s i download TV series’ cause i dont want to buy a 40 dollar box set of dvd’s which i am going to finish watching in one day t and find out either this show sucks ass or Just plain where to store it and sell it. Why waste your money on A game, Movie or CD that your going to use once then never going to go back to. Trading stuff in get’s you some of your money Back but not all in the long run if you decided to sell your stuff you get 20% of what you spent back and your not going to see that other 80% ever so you flushed 80% of that money that you spent on those games,CD’s or movies. So i say give them a Break It’s all cost it has nothing to do with Ripping off Game developers. But it’s microsoft’s Xbox and they can do whatever the Fuck they want if you click yes on there Terms of Agreement then your under there rules. i mean you Can still play Xbox with no live So if you want to pirate game’s you just may have to deal with no live, No biggie. HMMM should i save myself $200 by modding my console and burning games off the computer but risk live or Spend Atronomical amounts of YOUR hard earned cash to buy something that your just going to play once over and Sell for 5 bucks when you spent $60 on it ?

2. blake November 12, 2009 at 23:28 - Reply

i was banned on 11/10/09 ! so i was playing a game for the whole day and i get off 4 one hour and i get a suprising massage you console has been banned !! but that will not stop me i will contuine to download games !! sorry microsoft but paying 50 bucks for a plastick dc !! come on!!

3. dreamhunk November 1, 2009 at 13:31 - Reply

dumb console noobs nintendo wii has a much bigger pircay problem than pc. their figures are in the billions.

Oh one more thing pc gaming has alot more game made for it than console gaming does.

4. Katastrophey November 1, 2009 at 00:53 - Reply

I remember surfing Xbox.com yesterday and seeing a thread complaining about how their Xbox was banned. Didn’t realize it was from pirating, hilarious!

5. trevdogg0920 October 31, 2009 at 22:19 - Reply

featured on destructoid again :-P kotaku and d-toid in one day! your getting the real inside tips LOL

6. swatmaster68 October 31, 2009 at 13:31 - Reply

At least Microsoft can do something about it. Piracy is what is killing PC gaming, i.e. hardly any PC exclusives, later release dates for multiplatform, and less games going to PC. Unfortunately PC gamers aren’t as punished for it, so its good to see Microsoft take a firm stance and start banning pirates.

7. Joelsteen October 31, 2009 at 13:29 - Reply

The only thing worth Pirating is music, but I use iTunes so..Yeah, but I feel that Music is way overpriced nowadays, even with the 99cent songs. Musicians make way too much money. Piracy is based not off of the internet, but because companies want to get as much money as they can out of you. And people don’t want to pay that much so they try and get it for free.

8. naim380 October 31, 2009 at 12:53 - Reply

cause of pirating = the internet. if people would realize that earlier than piracy would be lesser!

9. Zenhacker October 31, 2009 at 09:28 - Reply

I don’t understand what the point of pirating is cause to pirate a lot of people buy the game to pirate the game when they have already got he game but even then live is cancelled so there was no point in everything they just did!! Morons!!!

10. Chris_c987 October 31, 2009 at 08:02 - Reply

Good job u wankers thats what you get for being cheap

11. Tovan October 31, 2009 at 07:55 - Reply

I might be weird but I love seeing the influx of people on the suspension forum acting like they have no idea why their account was banned. Stop being idiots and actually buy the products you enjoy so much.

12. Mortalized October 31, 2009 at 07:38 - Reply

Good, I hope they cry.

13. death_monkey October 31, 2009 at 04:47 - Reply

They had it coming.

14. turinx October 31, 2009 at 01:44 - Reply

You reap what you sow. It’s stealing, plain and simple. They got what they deserved.

15. JesusHMacy October 31, 2009 at 00:39 - Reply

I have a bunch of friends that have modded xbox’s. Not being a dick but I hope they get banned, I have to work for my games and they get hundreds of free ones, thats not really fair. And there all really anti pirating music but illegally downloading xbox games is just fine… yeah that makes a whole lot of sense.

16. MasterOfAwesomeness October 30, 2009 at 22:03 - Reply

The only problem I have against this is the very small percentage of people who get banned even though they don’t pirate or anything, but only because they are accused/suspected of it.

17. Sleep October 30, 2009 at 22:02 - Reply

How difficult would it be to create a RROD 360 costume? I would definitely buy something like that given it was in a reasonable price range.

• Sleep October 30, 2009 at 22:04 - Reply

Oh, and that whole pirating thing is…bad.

*SIGH* I’m still pondering about the suit.

18. SimpsonsKing October 30, 2009 at 21:23 - Reply

That is so true!

19. FullMetalMex October 30, 2009 at 20:31 - Reply

Oh man! I know some people that do this. Should i warn them, my conscience says yes, but i don’t believe pirating games is right. I am torn :(

20. The Afrothunder October 30, 2009 at 20:18 - Reply

I don’t hate them but i do very much dislike them. Hate is to strong a word because they don’t damage me or effect me in anyway.
    I do however, hate the fact that i’m a 14 year old who has to struggle to make £40 and then these people are able to get it free.
    They should be punished its unfair and rewarding for illegal activity.

21. MrTastyDDR October 30, 2009 at 20:16 - Reply

good, they’re banned! i bet like half that population is 10yr old retard whiners. Whiner who got banned:Nuu stopp QQ. Lol, this is actually funnier than the 5% of the idlers who got wiped on TF2 xD

22. Richard Reyes October 30, 2009 at 20:15 - Reply

That’s what they deserve for modding their xbox

23. cynicalbrit October 30, 2009 at 20:14 - Reply

People who pirate games are assholes.

24. keller32 October 30, 2009 at 20:14 - Reply

People who pirate games, ARE assholes!

25. DeadStretch October 30, 2009 at 20:14 - Reply

It will never be over. They have done this a few times in the past. It doesn’t get everyone and the ones it does get, most will just do it again.

26. danny October 30, 2009 at 20:13 - Reply

haha sucks… thats what u get for doing that

27. darkness2386 October 30, 2009 at 20:11 - Reply

Those people got served.

28. moethirteen October 30, 2009 at 20:11 - Reply

I have mixed feeling about this. modding for piracy get fucked and no one will miss you, but modded for imports and homebrew and I see you as a dedicated hardcore gamer.

I don’t like that the modders with honorable intentions are getting crushed underfoot with the pirates.

• Kreyg October 30, 2009 at 20:16 - Reply

most imports work on consoles here. We used to sell European and Japanese at my old job and they worked on American consoles without being modded.

29. XeroHex October 30, 2009 at 20:10 - Reply

Oooo they all got fucking OWNED!!!!
    They deserve a stamp of FAIL right there!

30. conkerbunker October 30, 2009 at 20:08 - Reply

YESH! score 5328 for MS and score 34 for pirates

31. FaithlessDave October 30, 2009 at 20:07 - Reply

Damn, I wanted to dress up as a pirate :<
    Now I will be Kreygs second half of the sack.

• skillz13 October 30, 2009 at 20:15 - Reply

all i got to say is its sad, them pirates are low lifes