Man to Sue Microsoft and Nintendo

After having is case against Sony for being banned from PSN was tossed in the trash, it looks like Erik Estavillo is at it again. This time he is targeting both Microsoft and Nintendo.  This guy sure does love to sue people.

Estavillo plans on suing Microsoft for the RROD(red ring of death) his Xbox has received. Estavillo says that being disabled, he can’t afford to pay the “well over $100″ fee to get his system fixed and can’t afford purchasing a new one.  Estavillo feels “that Microsoft should have to bear the burden that is now put on the shoulders of this disabled plaintiff.”  Microsoft is being sued for $75,000 for the “undue stress” Erik has undergone since his 360 bit the dust.

As for Nintendo, he’s pissed off at suing them because a system update blocked his homebrew channel. He used  the channel so he could unlock characters in Mario Kart Wii.  He states that the only way to unlock a single character in Mario Kart Wii is to own Super Mario Galaxy.

Estavillo said, “In essence, Nintendo is forcing customers to buy another game to unlock one character in a different game.” He only wants $5,000 from Nintendo for interfering in his “pursuit of happiness.” He is also seeking an injunction to stop Nintendo from “deleting, blocking or prohibiting the Homebrew Channel and Ocarina applications.”

What a mess huh? Estavillo has said he suffers from obsessive -compulsive disorder along with many other conditions.  Let me tell you, we could tell, someone seems a little obsessed with suing video game companies.

Banned Resistance Gamer Targets MS and NOA in Latest Suits [Game Politics]

30 Comments on "Man to Sue Microsoft and Nintendo"

1. xReaper29 November 23, 2009 at 03:05 - Reply

This guy is truly a Failure. Everyone got RROD and dealed with it. Just cause your poor and can’t buy a new xbox doesn’t mean you have to sue them.

2. Punisher773 November 23, 2009 at 00:14 - Reply

…someone needs to hang out with the hippies

3. PoppinFresh45 November 22, 2009 at 03:48 - Reply

Well, although I find attempting to sue a video game company for these obvious immature reasons, he has a slight point.
    Why should you have to buy another game to unlock more features in one game?
    Also, I agree that Microsoft should have instantly fixed this Red Ring issue as soon as it started. Then again, it’s Microsoft. IT’S MICROSOFT! I’m not going to go off suing them because my computer crashed while I was playing a game.
    Ya, this guy’s a moron, and is obviously in it for money and attention, but hey, at least the founding ideas to his arguments can be understood…just not legal issue worthy.

4. swatmaster68 November 21, 2009 at 12:38 - Reply

It makes me feel better knowing that these lawsuits are costing him a lot of money in court and lawyer fees and that neither of the cases he will win.

5. techi November 21, 2009 at 01:22 - Reply

Wow. What a jerk. I think this guy just wants attention.

6. Joelsteen November 21, 2009 at 00:57 - Reply

That’s the kind of asshole that needs to be brought out behind the barn and shot between the eyes. I hope Microsoft and Nintendo don’t give him a cent. >:(

7. id-riddler November 21, 2009 at 00:47 - Reply

this guy is a cock munch, if he wins ima sue his ass for being an asshole that likes to find every little thing to cry about

8. SimpsonsKing November 20, 2009 at 20:17 - Reply

lol he is an asshole

9. SuperHadouken November 20, 2009 at 20:09 - Reply

LMAO at the OCD part. If he really doesn’t have enough money to afford those stuff, then I wonder how he buys new games…

10. Froodge November 20, 2009 at 18:50 - Reply

LOL im pretty sure that they ship you a new xbox for FREE. So that whole case with him vs microsoft will fail. And its his own fault for downloading the homebrew channel anyways.

11. DjFang.ExE November 20, 2009 at 18:18 - Reply

That guy is pretty stupid him vs microsoft, Microsoft Will win in a fatality as epic as scorpions get over here move, He just wants to become famous i bet, and its bullshit that he is doing it by sueing Microsoft and sony and Nintendo,

12. AxleIsBored November 20, 2009 at 17:58 - Reply

if he wins I’m leaving America…. immediately!

13. Zorulu November 20, 2009 at 17:14 - Reply

This guy is obviously overly obsessed with playing games the easy way. The RROD is a B**** but there are other ways to fix it than to pay $100 for repair >.>.

14. MrTastyDDR November 20, 2009 at 17:14 - Reply

so sad…this guy really needs to get laid an or find a life w/ a gf :P

15. cynicalbrit November 20, 2009 at 16:29 - Reply

I don’t understand the obsession that some people have with suing people. When I lived in England I thought you had to do something REALLY bad to get sued. The USA is different.

16. MPR11 November 20, 2009 at 16:09 - Reply

well I think this takes the cake the MW2 kid the 15 year old who called 911 for his Xbox now this. WTF is wrong with people today!!!

17. JesusHMacy November 20, 2009 at 15:20 - Reply

Well since I personally unlocked all the Mario kart characters before i got super Mario galaxy, I don’t think this guy has a chance

18. Richard Reyes November 20, 2009 at 15:10 - Reply

This guy is just trying to use his disablitys as a excuse to get something he wants.That’s fucked up.

19. Rocker2791 November 20, 2009 at 13:55 - Reply

I can list out the conditions he has: Obsessive Compulsive, Excessive Greediness, Mental Retardation, and most likely, Irritable Bowel Syndrome. “The only way to unlock the character is w/ Super Mario Galaxy” Bull shit. The only character you can unlock through Save Data is Rosalina. But you can unlock her w/o Super Mario Galaxy as well. From IGN: ‘Rosalina – Have a Super Mario Galaxy save on your Wii and race 50 times OR get 1 star in the 8 Mirror Mode Cups’ Apparently this guy doesn’t know how to use IGN.com or any other guide website for that matter. And the RROD… that’s a known console flaw, when you buy an Xbox you should already know that there’s a chance it could fail, but as long as it’s within the first 3 years then it’s covered. This guy just needs to learn how to do better research is all.

PS, sentence one is a little confusing, i think there’s some spelling errors or words that aren’t supposed to be there. We all make mistakes, just giving you a heads up.

• cynicalbrit November 20, 2009 at 16:28 - Reply

I assume you mean “After having is case against…” is=his.

20. jmillz22 November 20, 2009 at 13:35 - Reply

Wow what a fucking idiot. I can’t wait to see him loose.

21. lou8ega November 20, 2009 at 13:18 - Reply

As ridiculous as this is, you can’t help but think about how the Microsoft part is kinda bullshit. I mean as someone who has received 4 RROD’s i have gotten fed up with MS being negligent on the building of their systems. It pisses me off. The Wii part is stupid though ultimately making this guy an idiot.

22. megakirby10 November 20, 2009 at 12:32 - Reply

That Dude really needs to get a life or a hobby!

23. KnuckleBallz November 20, 2009 at 12:10 - Reply

That dude needs to be put in jail and get gangbang by inmates

24. Mc594 November 20, 2009 at 11:16 - Reply

Hahahaha how did he afford all three systems? So he bought a PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360 and now he’s broke and can’t fix his system. What a dumbass. Especially for trying to sue Nintendo for interferring with his Homebrew channel. Why isn’t he collecting disability??

25. woofer28 November 20, 2009 at 08:23 - Reply

So he can’t afford the 100$ charge but he can afford lawyers and court fee’s? lol that doesn’t add up.

• Dozzie99 November 20, 2009 at 11:00 - Reply

Exactly what I was thinking also

• bub16 November 20, 2009 at 11:13 - Reply

and a ps3 xbox and wii

26. Scott C. November 20, 2009 at 08:16 - Reply

I have a solution: Nintendo files a counterclaim, nails the guy for using illegal software, guy goes to prison, end of story. Nintendo wins, guy doesn’t have to worry about games anymore, and we can all breathe easy and continue living our lives. Win-win-win.

27. The Xcentrik November 20, 2009 at 08:04 - Reply

It seams the guy is using his disability to gin advantages, and that is morally wrong to me.