Another Golden PS3 in the World, This One Costs $319,000

Don’t believe anyone when they tell you this is a rough economy, because gaming consoles dipped in gold seem to be becoming more and more popular.

That’s right, another golden PS3 is out there on the market, three of them to be exact. This console features 1,600 grams of solid gold, studded with 58 diamonds–which of course makes it a perfect last minute holiday gift. At only $319,000 apiece, it’s a hard offer to pass up. It’s interesting however, the price comparison to the previous gold PS3, almost a $314,000 difference.

This golden PS3 is for sale by Stuart Hughes, the same company who features products such as the golden Wii, golden iPhone and diamond Blackberry. As evident by the products for sale, Stuart Hughes clearly markets to the upper class. If you are part of this target demographic, don’t be shy in picking up one of these exclusive products.

Gold “Supreme” PS3 Costs $319,000, Plus Your Dignity [Gizmodo, thanks omgpop panda]

Author: Tovan View all posts by
Hot Blooded Gaming Senior Editor. Contact: tovan@hotbloodedgaming.com

39 Comments on "Another Golden PS3 in the World, This One Costs $319,000"

1. funnyassdude December 29, 2009 at 00:45 - Reply

who would pay that much for a ps3??

2. rmakulate December 26, 2009 at 06:17 - Reply

dude id rather get a house in the east coast with that money then a gold ps3

3. The_Joker December 25, 2009 at 23:26 - Reply

Haha, what next, full gold teeth…. oh, wait….

• rmakulate December 26, 2009 at 06:12 - Reply

thats already done by flava flav

4. JFKdidntLOS December 25, 2009 at 21:50 - Reply

Wow i dont know if i should say this is stupid or i want 1

5. kav94 December 25, 2009 at 21:43 - Reply

Hot Damn! I wish that was under my Christmas tree this year.

6. tuner_racer December 24, 2009 at 13:51 - Reply

how much would this weigh?

7. xReaper29 December 24, 2009 at 11:31 - Reply

I still think that is not worth it.

8. Evilkitten23 December 24, 2009 at 11:01 - Reply

You know how fast that would be stolen from my house?… … Not fast … only if someone was very desperate to brave the countryside and all the random backroads it takes to find my house lol. [plus the fact that my house is surrounded by a dense forest; love to see some jackass just run in and get chased out by the wildlife; skunks and bears anyone?;)]

But seriously.. perhaps if I won the lottery and finished buying everyone else things I might buy this.. granted I’d have to put up a security system lmao. Be a bitch if someone stole it.

9. JesusHMacy December 24, 2009 at 02:35 - Reply

I think the gold systems are getting out of control, has anyone even bought one yet? Is there really a market for gold video game systems? Will it even work? So many questions unanswered.

10. Ninj4_KO December 24, 2009 at 00:28 - Reply

Unless in every game I play online, it says “Ninj4_KO: GOLDEN PLAYSTATION $319k,” that is just plain retarded. Who’s gonna know you have it besides your spouse, other family members and friends? It is going to make you better at gaming? Doubt it, no thanks xD

11. dragonquestking December 24, 2009 at 00:12 - Reply

I think this guy is ripping people off when the other gold ps3 was 5000 and his is 300000. thats screwed up.

12. AxleIsBored December 23, 2009 at 23:26 - Reply

the perfect gift this Christmas, show em’ you care ;D

13. cynicalbrit December 23, 2009 at 23:08 - Reply

Stuart Hughes’ demographic is people like himself with ridiculous expendable wealth.

14. Mortalized December 23, 2009 at 22:20 - Reply

Wouldn’t you be screwed if it was sent in for repair, Sony would have a field day.

15. moethirteen December 23, 2009 at 22:20 - Reply

there are still bits of plastic showing! what a rip off!

16. Trittg December 23, 2009 at 22:19 - Reply

Im surprised its not hanging on a rappers chain

17. Boigboi88 December 23, 2009 at 22:19 - Reply

I bet the person that buys this and live in a box with a gold ps3.

18. Rocker2791 December 23, 2009 at 22:18 - Reply

It’s not even completely gold, it’s like two tone gold. What a rip off.

19. Rex December 23, 2009 at 22:17 - Reply

REALLY? cmon me wants golden xbox360 more sexier <3 <3 <3 press that green xbox button glows than makes the xbox360 glows all gold will be mah special holiday gift <3 MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL LOL

• mc594 December 23, 2009 at 22:18 - Reply

yeah but if your gold xbox 360 gets rrod, you’re screwed.

20. .:Ra:. December 23, 2009 at 22:16 - Reply

It’s nice, but why would u buy it. It does the same thing as a normal PS3, lol

• Eronios December 23, 2009 at 22:20 - Reply

Honestly, it’s probably about the status. “Oh, you ONLY have a REGULAR PlayStation 3? I have a SOLID GOLD PlayStation 3! Nyahahaha!”

21. Jobblepoodgins December 23, 2009 at 22:15 - Reply

I dont understand why people keep making these golden consoles. Although it would help in keeping a girlfriend while you’re playing your PS3, because the girl obviously only wants you for your golden system.

22. spyrorox879 December 23, 2009 at 22:15 - Reply

if i had one i wouldnt want to play it incase it breaks :l

23. Chris_is_dop3 December 23, 2009 at 22:13 - Reply

I would buy that ps3 right now all I need to do is rob a bank.

24. Siefer13 December 23, 2009 at 22:13 - Reply

$314,000 difference. My god i wont be suprised when nobody buys this thing and the people selling this are like wtf.

25. nunogavazzi December 23, 2009 at 22:13 - Reply

If that shit would fall on your foot or a cat that would kill the cat or get a fucked up toe

26. Yomomma2345 December 23, 2009 at 22:13 - Reply

It looks fake to me :/ but meh

• JordanDeC December 23, 2009 at 22:14 - Reply

Momma U are fake

27. JordanDeC December 23, 2009 at 22:12 - Reply

Im going to buy this for Kreyg!! so he can be a real Black Man

28. Eronios December 23, 2009 at 21:52 - Reply

Lame! LAME!

Seriously, who is going to buy this? It’s a giant waste of resources.

29. Mr.M13D December 23, 2009 at 21:13 - Reply

the question was “why isn’t there a gold 360?” .. because microsoft is too cheap, they would have a bronze case 360 that would cost about the same for a gold ps3. Why would anyone want a special gaming system anyway? Its just a waste of money.

30. popotatocakes December 23, 2009 at 20:50 - Reply

Finally!

Just what I needed to make my place a burglar’s paradise!

31. Nuckles37 December 23, 2009 at 20:33 - Reply

If someone buys this for Kreyg, I think it is safe to say that you will get mod powers :P

• Nuckles37 December 23, 2009 at 22:17 - Reply

I wouldn’t be surprised if Kanye West put a chain on it and wore it around his neck.

32. MPR11 December 23, 2009 at 20:13 - Reply

I WANT THIS!!! lol jk. but still WTF why would you by this?? if you can get the same thing for only $4,999? Its like when the PS3 first came out it was $599 and a 360 was only $399 diffrence in price is what made the PS3 a slow start in the “console war”.

33. omgpop panda December 23, 2009 at 20:03 - Reply

very nice post tovan! as always :)