“Game Addict” Stabs Mother Over Internet Bill

The Game Addict

A 15 year old Romanian boy Ionut Savin stabbed his adoptive mother 17 times after she refused to pay the internet bill.  She felt that Ionut spent too much time on the computer playing games.  Ultimately she felt this was the only way to help him break his “addiction.”

After stabbing his mother, the boy stole all the money in the house he could find and then went to a local internet café. Once at the café, he played Counter-Strike for several hours.  The mothers body was found by her husband when he returned home from work that evening.  The couple was supposed to be celebrating 16 years of marriage that evening.

Distraught, the husband called the police immediately after his wife’s lifeless body was discovered.  Ionut quickly turned himself in and very calmly stated to police, “I think I’m the one you’re looking for.”  He then showed the police where he had tossed the weapon he used to stab his mother.

Ionut Savin was known to be “dependent” on video games and spent most of his time on the computer playing games and browsing the web.  His “addiction” caused him to miss over 200 days of school and to have almost no social life at all outside of the internet. Ionut Savin is now hospitalized under guard in a psychiatric clinic.

Killer minor, “educated” computer
[Adevarul]

42 Comments on "“Game Addict” Stabs Mother Over Internet Bill"

1. Mike June 21, 2010 at 17:37 - Reply

He missed school so that means this: lack of schooling means lack of intelligence lack of intelligence means decisions are based on stupidy. His life was fucked when he thought he’d hear humilation after he stabbed his mom. Even moreso when he took the money afterwards if it remained that easy he could’ve waited til she left took the money bought a computer install cs (like me) and play. Therefore in the end he would’ve remained grounded instead of being on Death Row. Then again he wasn’t that bright since he spent more time playing cs than learning. Which means he was a noob prob using hax and w/e else getting kicked off servers all the time so in the end while he remained stupid he also remained useless. Which in this event as a growing teen I feel better that at least he took out his anger on his mom instead of going to school with a ak47 a couple hand grenades and a cs t-shirt.

BTW if there is any typos its because I am using my g1.

2. Mike June 21, 2010 at 17:26 - Reply

Well he won’t be playing cs ever again cuz the electric chair will break his addiction.

3. Emily February 9, 2010 at 06:24 - Reply

I can’t believe how addicted people get to computer games. It’s ridiculous how much time they spend playing them!!

4. Dahra10 January 19, 2010 at 15:58 - Reply

Wow. Kid went crazy. He ended his life the second he touched his mother

5. Bdub426 January 19, 2010 at 13:54 - Reply

this kid is nuts, but for one this is why did her mother waited this long to go do something about his game addiction… really 200 days of school missed i would have destoryed hes consles along time ago and helped he gain a social life.

• kingmartini January 19, 2010 at 20:38 - Reply

i think he is a pc gamer

6. xSquatx January 19, 2010 at 12:28 - Reply

This kid is WACK.

7. DannyJ January 19, 2010 at 11:35 - Reply

Well as much as it was his fault, there is some fault to be had by his parents. They adopted him, and from what it sounds like, coddled him greatly. I know if I missed 200 days of school I’d probably be in prison or the Army with my own parents. They shouldn’t have allowed him to become so engrossed. Of course what he did was terrible, but in hindsight, it could have been avoided at an early age.

8. KR3W619 January 19, 2010 at 02:09 - Reply

Wow this guys REALLY needs some psychiatric help,this is horrible.

9. .:Ra:. (Ra1337) January 18, 2010 at 23:21 - Reply

That’s just crazy man. I heard of addiction, but that’s just pushing it too far. As much as I’d like to put his ass in jail, I hope he gets some psychiatric help.

10. Mahbonk January 18, 2010 at 23:19 - Reply

This douchebag can die. fucking moron -_-

11. goodman45 January 18, 2010 at 22:56 - Reply

What an asshole, I hope he gets karma up his ( Butt) .. <.<.

12. Froodge January 18, 2010 at 22:32 - Reply

200 days??

thats insane

13. mc594 January 18, 2010 at 20:44 - Reply

Holy crap. 200 days to play games??? I hate school and love gaming, but I’d never skip school for gaming. I have a clean record. :D

• Tucilamonster January 18, 2010 at 22:31 - Reply

lol i dont ;P

14. The Teller January 18, 2010 at 20:18 - Reply

I would feel sorry for the kid but it’s hes mother why would he do something like that I mean I get past the bad times with my mom my,birth giver

From,The Teller

15. xReaper29 January 18, 2010 at 19:12 - Reply

What a douche bag!

16. turinx January 18, 2010 at 18:22 - Reply

Yo Trittg, if you are reading this, I’d like to nominate this guy for douchebag of the day. And if by chance Trittg makes a douchebag of the year award, it’s already looking promising with the few nominees so far…and it’s ONLY mid January!!!

17. cynicalbrit January 18, 2010 at 18:01 - Reply

Yay, another ineffectually managed kid with addiction issues who killed somebody will find his actions based on videogames. That is something that wont get old until I’m thirty and everybody is complaining about what the realism of 3D movies does to kids.

18. Chippy11 January 18, 2010 at 17:08 - Reply

wow..just wow, the things people do these days

19. naim380 January 18, 2010 at 16:56 - Reply

the new douchebag of the daay

• DjFang.ExE January 18, 2010 at 17:34 - Reply

Was going to say the same thing Myself

20. Noby_guy January 18, 2010 at 16:42 - Reply

Just terrible..the guy misses 200 days of school and the parents didn’t think after he missed 100 days of school that their was a problem?? Good thing he turned himself in and didn’t go on a massive rampage.

21. dancinginfernal January 18, 2010 at 16:16 - Reply

Another lunatic to used against us in the war against video games.

22. popotatocakes January 18, 2010 at 16:04 - Reply

The third stabbing story I’ve seen on HBG…

23. xDSJxPyro January 18, 2010 at 16:01 - Reply

Holy crap, maybe if he went to school and outside his mom would not need to shut off the internet.

24. Eronios January 18, 2010 at 15:58 - Reply

Obviously, this is a tragedy but Ionut’s parents let it go way too far. He had already missed over 200 days of school to play online games…I know for a fact that if I tried to miss one or two days for video games, my mom would have marched me to school herself and sat in the back of the classroom to make sure I stayed put. Hell, if I had tried to miss any days without a valid excuse, she would have made me go to school anyway.

25. Nuckles37 January 18, 2010 at 15:43 - Reply

Somehow, groups of people will say GTA 4 did this and will say he killed his mother because he played GTA 4 all the time.

26. Badapple001 January 18, 2010 at 15:36 - Reply

Jeez and i thought i was addicted to video games

27. MPR11 January 18, 2010 at 15:26 - Reply

Ok this is why MMO’s are BAD

28. Jose4544 January 18, 2010 at 15:26 - Reply

thats wat happens when you play to much WOW

29. master207 January 18, 2010 at 15:07 - Reply

wow well at least they got him a psychologist but still that can was just… yea….

• Hum March 12, 2010 at 21:15 - Reply

Death Penalty for this kid. Disgusting. He’s not sick. That’s garbage.