Say Something Sunday

SayitSun1

Well once again it is Sunday and time for Say Something Sunday. We have made a few changes to the forums and blog as you can see.

What do you think of the blog and forum layout? What other feature would you like to see on HBG?

Don’t forget to check out some of the stories we posted on Saturday.

Author: Tyler View all posts by
I am Tyler, contributor for Hot Blooded Gaming. Check out my Staff Profile. If you have any questions feel free to email me at Tyler@HotBloodedGaming.com

21 Comments on "Say Something Sunday"

1. ashkon91 June 7, 2010 at 02:50 - Reply

I like it :p. I wish google didnt haxz me with the adds tho

2. JesusHMacy June 6, 2010 at 21:30 - Reply

Is good, looks like its all one site now.

3. cynicalbrit June 6, 2010 at 21:13 - Reply

I like the changes made and the ones I know are coming.
    I remember when the changes started i made a complaint about things being “blocky.”
    I think I meant that everything was in an isolated square when I said that.
    I have also come to prefer the way it is now, and I think I was a little f’d in the head when I made the complaint.
    Summer will be fun.

4. DaN iZ HyPeD June 6, 2010 at 19:38 - Reply

I think its actually brilliant, lets me focus and concentrate more easily which is helpful with my ADD. :)

As for features, I have been thinking about this for a couple of months now and elaborating on it gradually… HBG iPod Touch/iPhone App.

Maybe on the bottom bar where it gives you 5 buttons to a different feature, you could have: Home (with blogs), Forum, Broadcast (via JTV for iPhone/iPod Touch), Chat and Other (which would include User Blogs, Broadcast Clips, FAQs, Staff, Contact, Privacy, Search, ect. ect.)

This may be a little drastic and too much but hey, its an idea.

5. WhatNow June 6, 2010 at 18:01 - Reply

HBG is perfect right now, but something I would love to see is organized playdates off the cast. Where HBG members can just play a game together like MW2, RDR, and L4D2. Of course it would take someone to organize it, and I’m willing to try.

• dragonquestking June 6, 2010 at 20:09 - Reply

We have that its called looking for players.

• Kreyg June 6, 2010 at 20:20 - Reply

Dragonquestking is right.

I feel if you’re going to seriously try to arrange games, set up a way to get in touch with each other on the day of or add each other to your friends lists. It can be done, it’s just gonna take a little coordination

6. moethirteen June 6, 2010 at 18:00 - Reply

The new layout is pretty cool. It’s not as stark as it was being all white.

7. xDSJxPyro June 6, 2010 at 16:49 - Reply

I like the new layout of the forums, it makes it seem more part of the blog, with the same sidebar and ads in the same place. With the addition of the black on the side bars, it seems to help draw my attention to the stories.

8. Rocker2791 June 6, 2010 at 11:48 - Reply

I really love the new background. Helps the eyes to focus on what they are supposed to be focusing on.

As for things I’d like from HBG in the future. I enjoy everything the way it is at the moment. If it’s not broke don’t fix it, if IW had followed this rule they wouldn’t have ended up with a screwed up game.

This one would take some time, and a large effort from the community. A way to somehow show what community members are online, and what they are playing. I’m not talking about some cheap formated thread. I mean a dedicated section that would display a huge list of players. I think there may be a gamer card usable from mygamercard . net that displays whne a person is online and what they are doing. Although I’m sure there are alternatives as well. We’d have to get a thread up where everyone who wanted to participate could put their gamertag(s). From there, we put a few people in charge of adding players to the page. The positives to this. You can see what people are doing from the HBG community, so rather than just having your friends list to search for players from, you’d have an entire community of gamers to search from. It’d take a lot of effort and dedication, but I think it would be awesome personally.

I’d also like $3,000,000 in unmarked, neatly packed bills, a helicopter with enough gas to get me from here to Hawaii, and diplomatic immunity from the United States government. Those are my demands. If you ever wish to see your precious LastRide again, you will meet them.

• Kreyg June 6, 2010 at 20:30 - Reply

I really like that idea, but It might be a little hard to implement.

There are a few plugins for the forums that show certain things (gamertag, etc) But as for what you propose, that might take some work hehe.

I will look into something and see what we can do.

Thanks Rocker :)

9. Nuckles37 June 6, 2010 at 05:59 - Reply

I demand a forum section to discuss HBG memes.
    And a section for full nudity pr0nz

• Kreyg June 6, 2010 at 06:15 - Reply

Memes, maybe

Nudity — no

10. dragonquestking June 6, 2010 at 02:07 - Reply

The Forum looks good to me.

11. LeeACDC June 6, 2010 at 02:07 - Reply

a feature that would like to see on HBG is for the toolbar. i would like to see that when kreyg starts to cast a little update thing pops up when kreyg cast to let u know that kreyg is casting

• dragonquestking June 6, 2010 at 02:08 - Reply

They have that It says offline or online. it doesnt pop up but its there.

• Kreyg June 6, 2010 at 02:55 - Reply

yeah, there is the thing in the side bar. I did my best to get it on as many pages of the site asI could. There is still a chance I might move it.

• LeeACDC June 6, 2010 at 04:02 - Reply

thats not what i was talking about im talking about lets say if your on youtube watching vids and suddenly a little pop up comes up in the a corner that says Hotblooded gaming is casting some thing like that. that would be cool

• Kreyg June 6, 2010 at 04:10 - Reply

something like that is a long ways off

• dragonquestking June 6, 2010 at 06:29 - Reply

Could be put in the HBG toolbar.

• Kreyg June 6, 2010 at 06:30 - Reply

not the one we have now. We’d have to create a custom one from scratch. I’d have to look into it. But it’s something for the future. I like the idea though.