EA – This Is What We Call Bullsh*t

NBA Jam is arguably one of the best sports games of all-times. A remake has been in the works for quite some time now for the Nintendo Wii, and it’s been heavily rumored over the last few weeks that gamers would also see it on the Xbox 360 and PS3. These rumors turned out to be true, and you’re going to wish that they weren’t.

While NBA Jam will be making it’s way to the Xbox 360 and PS3, you won’t be able to buy it in the PSN or XBLA — oh no! The only way you’ll be able to get this is by purchasing EA’s NBA Elite 11. That’s right, if you want to enjoy NBA Jam on either of these consoles, you’re going to have to buy a Basketball game you probably don’t want to begin with.

Jordan Edelstein of EA Sports recently spoke with ESPN and told them that EA wants gamers to “try” NBA Elite 11, and that it’s such a great product!

We’re still holding back the Remix Tour for the Wii consumer, and that’s about 20 hours of gameplay, but for the PS3 and 360, we want people to try ‘Elite’. We feel like ‘NBA Elite 11′ is a great product and we want people to give it a chance and see all the changes we’re making. So as a way to say thanks to these people, we are going to let them experience ‘Jam’. It’s not the full product, but it’s a good portion of it.

This doesn’t seem like a way of saying thanks to anyone. It seems like a big “fuck you” more than anything else. Make us buy a game we don’t want and then give us only a small taste of what we do want? That sounds extremely logical! You really know how to show your thanks EA!

EA knows how badly some of us want this game and what do they do? They go right ahead and troll us by doing this. I think the image below accurately depicts my feelings and the feelings of many other gamers out there.

‘NBA Elite 11′ to include free downloadable version of ‘NBA Jam’ [ESPN]

21 Comments on "EA – This Is What We Call Bullsh*t"

1. Faithlessdave August 3, 2010 at 21:53 - Reply

LOL fuck that, not worth it, I dont play sports games anyway.

2. xDSJxPyro August 3, 2010 at 16:21 - Reply

Thank you EA for proving that you cannot do something nice. If they were to release NBA Jam on the PSN and XBL Arcade they would sell a ton. I know I am not going to buy NBA Elite so I can play NBA Jam.

Once again EA and their “Clever” marketing ideas. God who thinks this is a good idea? Like come on EA.

3. Mathew August 3, 2010 at 15:49 - Reply

If it’s such a great product why would they force us to buy it? If it’s so great people would go out on their own and buy it.

F.Y.I. WE DON’T WANT TO BUY NBA ELITE ’11. WE WANT NBA JAM

4. Mistadadio August 3, 2010 at 15:27 - Reply

Money grubbing SOB’s…..nothing will change with EA. EA’s way of doing things shouldn’t be a surprise for anyone now.

5. blake wolf August 3, 2010 at 15:06 - Reply

if it was nba live 11 and nba jam for free that would work

• Kreyg August 3, 2010 at 15:45 - Reply

NBA Elite is the new name for NBA Live

6. Arinaz August 3, 2010 at 14:55 - Reply

Hehe

7. KR3W619 August 3, 2010 at 14:19 - Reply

I bet they are gonna make people buy it and then in a few months it’s gonna go on the Marketplace.

8. cynicalbrit August 3, 2010 at 13:54 - Reply

EA hates fun. They sleep on mattresses made of money, and they wrap their tobacco in it to smoke. At some point you feel like companies will start charging for the case and manuals.

9. WhatNow August 3, 2010 at 13:08 - Reply

Now this is really a bitch move on EAs part, we have to pay for another game we probably don’t care about, and don’t even get the full game. Way to go EA.

10. chricke2 August 3, 2010 at 13:05 - Reply

Thats just wrong, Just something similar that happend to me i bought battlefield bad company 2 not so long ago on the new and when i got home to fill on the vip code it was allready used, i had tripple checked the the spelling of the code and all so i still had to pay extra just to be able to play with my friends who had the vip :/ It might just have been an mistake still it woulden’t suprise me if it was a sneaky way for EA to earn exrta money.

11. ZangeTSM August 3, 2010 at 12:42 - Reply

Not that I wanted the game anyway but still…that’s kinda dumb on their part

12. TehKingz August 3, 2010 at 12:35 - Reply

FFS EA…..
    Really? Are you really going to charge us 60 DOLLARS for a game that might be a fucking glitch pool for half of a game people want?!!?! REALLY?

Wow. Okay. Whatever.

13. jmillz22 August 3, 2010 at 12:02 - Reply

This is complete bullshit. But this wasn’t the first time something like this has happened. This is almost like having to buy crackdown to get the halo 3 beta. Although I enjoyed crackdown this is complete bs. I have a wii and haven’t played it in awhile but to do this to people who don’t have a wii is down right bullshit.

14. Nuckles37 August 3, 2010 at 11:39 - Reply

This is pathetic.
    All these gaming companies are pushing the limits to what they can do to piss off consumers, and now it is just ridiculous.

In future COD games you are going to have to pay to play online just for ONE GAME, even though the people on xbox are already paying for xbox live.
    And now this. I wouldn’t be surprised if more companies start doing something like this.

15. chileno2010 August 3, 2010 at 11:35 - Reply

wow EA. From copying one great game (LBP) and calling it your own, AND NOW you want to Fu** us ps3 and 360 users? wow just, wow.

16. outroxx August 3, 2010 at 11:27 - Reply

Personnally, im buying 2k11 if it’s good, and if it finally improves a bit. I think NBA jam will be on sale on day, on the XBLA or PSN, just later, they are just giving us a taste of what we will get in this bundle, but I hope no one buys NBA elite 11 just for this

17. dragonquestking August 3, 2010 at 07:18 - Reply

i hope no one buys it.

• Kreyg August 3, 2010 at 07:23 - Reply

I don’t think you should have harm done to a game, but it’s just a real dick tactic on their part to do something like this. EA. You know there will be that small bunch that go and buy it, and that’s cool, I might wait to find a new one DIRT cheap or just buy NBA Jam on the Wii.

I feel EA could have made a lot more money if they had put this on the XBLA and PSN. OR at least make it exclusive to the NBA elite game for a month or two. If anything I feel EA is going to end up losing more money on the game this way.

Companies need to learn they’ll make more money being good to their fans instead of trying to nickle and dime them at every turn now

18. Cloud August 3, 2010 at 07:15 - Reply

This just in to play Call of Duty Blackops you have to buy ModernWarfare2 come on really EA there starting to become no better then activision.