Battlefield 3 Won’t Be “Dumbed Down” On The PC

Battlefieldthumb

When it was first announced that Battlefield 3 would be available on consoles, PC gamers immediately anticipated the worst. As a result, fears of the “Battlefield experience” being dumbed down on the PC were rampant.

Thankfully, a DICE developer on the Battlefield forums said the following to quell the fears of a few concerned fans:

“PC gaming is alive and well, BFBC2 has proven that and no one at DICE or EA can argue with the numbers. Battlefield 3 needs an extra bit of special attention on the PC. I intend to give it that attention, tradition and our community demand it.”

There you have it, PC gamers shouldn’t have to worry about the Battlefield series becoming a simple port. DICE understands that there is a demand for a more complex experience on the PC–a demand that isn’t quite as strong on consoles.

The Battlefield 3 beta is expected to go live within one year, with keys included in all copies of the limited edition of Medal of Honor. Besides the finite information currently known about the upcoming beta, not much is known about the highly anticipated release.

Battlefield 3 Forums [EA]

Author: Tovan View all posts by
Hot Blooded Gaming Senior Editor. Contact: tovan@hotbloodedgaming.com

15 Comments on "Battlefield 3 Won’t Be “Dumbed Down” On The PC"

1. Mathew October 25, 2010 at 15:18 - Reply

I thought Battlefield 3 was already released?

2. Fumbles Mcgee October 23, 2010 at 09:52 - Reply

It makes me happy to read this. Lately all games that been released on PC have really been bad console ports, I’m glad there are still some developers looking out for the PC gamers.

3. ufc345 October 22, 2010 at 22:47 - Reply

so is this good or bad for consoles

4. Rocker2791 October 22, 2010 at 22:05 - Reply

Hell yea =D

5. Tyler October 22, 2010 at 21:39 - Reply

So does that mean the Console version will be dumbed down? I hope not, I hope they are pretty close, I know the PC will look better.

6. jmillz22 October 22, 2010 at 21:08 - Reply

I find it unfair that the pc gets better treatment. Im sorry that I can’t afford a expensive computer that can run these games. I think that people who own consoles should have the same treatment the companies give the pc

• Tovan October 22, 2010 at 21:41 - Reply

Battlefield started as a PC series. It was created with giant battles in mind.

• jmillz22 October 22, 2010 at 22:36 - Reply

I didn’t realize that thanks for letting me know. The real point i was making was how people who had l4d or l4d2 on the pc as example got the dlc for free while people who had the consle version had to pay for it. But l4d was probably also made for the pc but in that case it should still be free for both or make both pay

• jmillz22 October 22, 2010 at 22:37 - Reply

I hope this reply doesn’t come off as me trying to be rude and if it does i apologize

• ufc345 October 22, 2010 at 22:49 - Reply

l4d would have been free dlc if it wasnt for microsoft

• ufc345 October 22, 2010 at 22:50 - Reply

had*

• jmillz22 October 22, 2010 at 22:52 - Reply

Again i didn’t know thanks for letting me know that. Then I have no argument lol

• ufc345 October 22, 2010 at 23:05 - Reply

no prob

• Rocker2791 October 22, 2010 at 22:23 - Reply

Should a runner have to wear leg weights because he’s faster than the other competitors?
      Should a superior marksman have a vibrating device added to his gun to throw off his aim?
      So why should I have to play a piece of shit when my system can run a shiny gleaming gem?

If they gave Xbox/PS3 the same game that the PC got your Xbox/PC would have lots of frame rate issues and would likely freeze.

7. outroxx October 22, 2010 at 20:57 - Reply

I’m a console gamer, but I find it perfectly normal that PC games get more attention to them.