Leaked L.A. Noire Trailer Shows Game Plot And Release Date

A new L.A. Noire trailer was due out on Monday, but it looks like we won’t have to wait until then to see it. This new trailer being called,”Serial Killer” gives us a hint of what we can expect from the game’s story, as well as something we’ve all wanted to know — the release date.

Many had been speculating that the game would be releasing sometime in April, and the previous trailers simply put it as “Spring 2011″ — but this leaked trailer gives shows us a release of May 17th. Mark your calendars everyone. It looks like May is going to be a good month for gamers.

If you’re wondering, the trailer was entirely in-game footage–it states it at the end–and not CGI. Looks pretty damn impressive if you ask us.

Author: Kreyg View all posts by
I am Kreyg, the Founder and Editor-In-Chief of Hot Blooded Gaming. Check out my Staff Profile. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at Kreyg@HotBloodedGaming.com

43 Comments | Open Mic -- Say What You Feel

Rules: have fun, be funny, be a wise ass, don't troll, no threatening others, no racism, be respectful of others and their opinions, and no flame wars. Have fun and make friends as you talk about the topic at hand.


Leave a Comment

  1. By JustAndrew1988 on 01-22-2011 08:55

    Shame it's not going to be on PC. Looks like a really good game.

    Reply

  2. By FreeMuffins on 01-22-2011 09:14

    Im so pre-ordering this! Cant wait to get it, I love all of the games that Rockstar make.

    Reply

  3. By Cynicalbrit on 01-22-2011 09:49

    From the look of this game i'd want it to have a communication system like that of ME2 or Heavy Rain so that you could properly interrogate people.

    Reply

  4. By Emir360 on 01-22-2011 11:24

    Holy....CRAP!! This looks really good. I'm going to get this game. I've always been a fan of rockstar and their games never seem to let me down. The do a great job on all of them and make the story great!!!! :D

    Reply

  5. By Grimguy007 on 01-22-2011 11:29

    I have been a fan of Rockstar since GTA3. I will definitely get this game.

    Reply

  6. By ArinaBlack on 01-22-2011 11:45

    Wow this game looks pretty good and the storyline sounds awesome Hopefully there's a lot of gunfights in it

    Reply

  7. By BigFish1812 on 01-22-2011 12:19

    COPYRIGHT! Wanted to see the video but I guess not.

    Reply

  8. By M4TH3W on 01-22-2011 12:35

    From the one picture of the video I can see, it looks great! Damn Rockstar and their "copyrights"

    Reply

  9. By Omnislasher on 01-22-2011 12:54

    Oh poop. Looks like Take Two took it down before I could see it.

    Reply

  10. By Panzer256 on 01-22-2011 13:18

    game is looking good so far i might get it.

    Reply

  11. By chileno2010 on 01-22-2011 14:13

    Fucking take two.

    Reply

  12. By Cynicalbrit on 01-22-2011 14:21

    Well let me tell you all who couldn't see it. There was much yelling, around 3 gunshots were fired, the faces still looked amazing, and this game will be awesome.

    Reply

  13. By JesusHMacy on 01-22-2011 14:23

    Originally Posted by Cynicalbrit:
    Quote Well let me tell you all who couldn't see it. There was much yelling, around 3 gunshots were fired, the faces still looked amazing, and this game will be awesome.

    I really see a mental image now, thanks brit you amazing

    Reply

  14. By johnybob on 01-22-2011 14:43

    this game is lookking great! preorder for sure

    ALSO for the people who didnt get see it, kotaku has the video up still
    http://kotaku.com/5740574/la-noire-t...eleases-may-17

    *note the link to HBG

    Reply

  15. By M4TH3W on 01-22-2011 14:44

    Originally Posted by johnybob:
    Quote this game is lookking great! preorder for sure

    ALSO for the people who didnt get see it, kotaku has the video up still
    http://kotaku.com/5740574/la-noire-t...eleases-may-17

    *note the link to HBG

    FU2011! You're gonna milk me dry with all these awesome games

    Reply

  16. By xDSJxPyro on 01-22-2011 14:51

    Man, another game coming out in May, this spring is going to be rough.

    Reply

  17. By Cynicalbrit on 01-22-2011 15:11

    Originally Posted by johnybob:
    Quote this game is lookking great! preorder for sure

    ALSO for the people who didnt get see it, kotaku has the video up still
    http://kotaku.com/5740574/la-noire-t...eleases-may-17

    *note the link to HBG

    Actually, what I can see shows the video not to be up there either.

    Reply

  18. By BigFish1812 on 01-22-2011 15:39

    Originally Posted by johnybob:
    Quote this game is lookking great! preorder for sure

    ALSO for the people who didnt get see it, kotaku has the video up still
    http://kotaku.com/5740574/la-noire-t...eleases-may-17

    *note the link to HBG

    COPYRIGHT AGAIN! Damn you Take 2

    Reply

  19. By Ianoy on 01-22-2011 16:00

    I would love to watch the video but Take 2 won't let me.

    Reply

  20. By MrPixel on 01-22-2011 16:29

    Didn't get to see the trailer because it got removed...I'm sure its somewhere else on youtube by now though :P

    Reply

  21. By RacketLord on 01-22-2011 16:52

    Looks like I was too late. Damn, I really wanted to see this trailer. The other trailer that's out right now is pretty good. The facial animation is pretty damn amazing. Hopefully more games will use that technology in the near future.

    Reply

  22. By johnybob on 01-22-2011 17:21

    damn, sorry guys :\

    Reply

  23. By reconfear on 01-22-2011 19:48

    I cant wait to get this game

    Reply

  24. By ageoforton08 on 01-22-2011 19:50

    Game looks sooo good... I'm going to get this game for sure.

    Reply

  25. By xDSJxPyro on 01-22-2011 19:52

    Don't worry folks the trailer will be out Monday, if you do spot it on YT, don't bother posting it, because Rockstar have been taking them down all day. We will just have to wait till Monday when they planned on releasing this trailer.

    Reply

  26. By pepheb on 01-22-2011 20:25

    I hope the technology is gonna make it truely logical in how you can tell if people are lying or not...

    Reply

  27. By atomicrocket on 01-22-2011 20:37

    Seems like a pretty good story Like every Rockstar game

    Reply

  28. By redboy881 on 01-22-2011 20:50

    oh dam this game this like the shiz i so wanna play this when it comes out!!!!

    Reply

  29. By Ojo on 01-22-2011 21:40

    Looks amazing but kinda reminds me of Heavy Rain, I'll still pick it up though.

    Reply

  30. By SublimeLabs on 01-23-2011 07:11

    It looks fantastic. Also, let's not give Rockstar all the credit folks, Team Bondi are the developers.

    May is gonna seem like forever.

    At least we get this and Duke Nukem Forever on the same month.

    Reply

  31. By Soda Jerk on 01-23-2011 12:17

    Originally Posted by ArinaBlack:
    Quote Wow this game looks pretty good and the storyline sounds awesome Hopefully there's a lot of gunfights in it

    Jesus christ, why?

    I registered to this stupid site just to ask this question of you, WHY? When every other game being released is about gunfights why do you want to ruin what looks to be the one game that is about detective work and using your head to solve problems? It's people like you that make games like this nonexistent in the first place.

    The only alternative people like me have are adventure games, that for some reason continue to repeat the same stupid formula from the 80's, of one animated guy walking around on empty static backgrounds picking up garbage to build more garbage out of to use to progress to more empty static backgrounds.

    I haven't wished for the ability to magically punch through my internet and into the face of a person on the other end in a long time, but today I do, thanks to you. Go back to call of duty: shoot the hinges, or something, you goofy anime asshole.

    I hope there is a severe drought of gunfights in this game.

    Reply

  32. By Fumbles Mcgee on 01-23-2011 12:27

    Originally Posted by Soda Jerk:
    Quote Jesus christ, why?

    I registered to this stupid site just to ask this question of you, WHY? When every other game being released is about gunfights why do you want to ruin what looks to be the one game that is about detective work and using your head to solve problems? It's people like you that make games like this nonexistent in the first place.

    The only alternative people like me have are adventure games, that for some reason continue to repeat the same stupid formula from the 80's, of one animated guy walking around on empty static backgrounds picking up garbage to build more garbage out of to use to progress to more empty static backgrounds.

    I haven't wished for the ability to magically punch through my internet and into the face of a person on the other end in a long time, but today I do, thanks to you. Go back to call of duty: shoot the hinges, or something, you goofy anime asshole.

    I hope there is a severe drought of gunfights in this game.



    Any way I'm kind of interested in this game, it has a nice Heavy Rain vibe to it and I loved Heavy Rain. Before I can make a decision on whether or not to get this I need to see some actual gameplay footage.

    Reply

  33. By dumpdemon on 01-23-2011 13:05

    this is one if the games i cant waite for I WANT IT NOW

    Reply

  34. By outroxx on 01-23-2011 14:41

    A year after red dead redemption, a great rockstar will come out, and this one looks like its gonna be as good!

    Reply

  35. By Techi on 01-23-2011 15:02

    I am reeealllyyyy excited for this one It looks like Heavy Rain thrown back into the 50's. I love that era, and if they do this game right, which its Rockstar so I'm sure they will, I'm going to love this game! Pre-order HELLZ YEAH!

    Reply

  36. By Cynicalbrit on 01-23-2011 15:08

    Originally Posted by Soda Jerk:
    Quote Jesus christ, why?

    I registered to this stupid site just to ask this question of you, WHY? When every other game being released is about gunfights why do you want to ruin what looks to be the one game that is about detective work and using your head to solve problems? It's people like you that make games like this nonexistent in the first place.

    The only alternative people like me have are adventure games, that for some reason continue to repeat the same stupid formula from the 80's, of one animated guy walking around on empty static backgrounds picking up garbage to build more garbage out of to use to progress to more empty static backgrounds.

    I haven't wished for the ability to magically punch through my internet and into the face of a person on the other end in a long time, but today I do, thanks to you. Go back to call of duty: shoot the hinges, or something, you goofy anime asshole.

    I hope there is a severe drought of gunfights in this game.

    I don't suppose anybody ever taught you that you can express a differing opinion to somebody without being a complete asshole towards them? It's even possible to subtly call them an idiot and otherwise insult them in ways that don't make people immediately dislike you to the point where they treat everything you say as bullsh*t. You made a couple of decent points, but everyone will probably ignore them because of the way you put them forth.

    Reply

  37. By wolfmail on 01-23-2011 15:16

    it just me or do a lot of the voices sound like they were done by the same person (Not trolling but really)

    Reply

  38. By Kreyg on 01-23-2011 15:26

    Originally Posted by Soda Jerk:
    Quote Jesus christ, why?

    I registered to this stupid site just to ask this question of you, WHY? When every other game being released is about gunfights why do you want to ruin what looks to be the one game that is about detective work and using your head to solve problems? It's people like you that make games like this nonexistent in the first place.

    The only alternative people like me have are adventure games, that for some reason continue to repeat the same stupid formula from the 80's, of one animated guy walking around on empty static backgrounds picking up garbage to build more garbage out of to use to progress to more empty static backgrounds.

    I haven't wished for the ability to magically punch through my internet and into the face of a person on the other end in a long time, but today I do, thanks to you. Go back to call of duty: shoot the hinges, or something, you goofy anime asshole.

    I hope there is a severe drought of gunfights in this game.

    Way to be a hater dude. Saying you want to punch someone because their opinion is different than yours? You'd make a great politician or even yet, a WONDERFUL member of Al-Qaeda. While we're glad that you expressed your opinion, why don't you take a more mature approach to it. I agree with part of what you said, not every game that's released has to be about guns, but don't be such a jerk about the way you present yourself.

    You make yourself seem like a sniveling baby when you want insult people the way you did. It's not people like Arnia that are the problem with games, or gamers. People like you are. The second their opinion differs from yours, you want to get violent and insult people. Rude, immature, and STUPID. In the end, we're all gamers. Who gives a flying fuck what someone else likes or wants in a game. Play the games you like and let everyone else play the games they want.

    Reply

  39. By Shadowplay1987 on 01-23-2011 21:11

    Looks really good, i'm definitely gonna be getting it. Can't wait.

    Reply

  40. By Xedus on 01-23-2011 22:03

    From what I can see, the mouths move so realistically in time with the words. In fact, this could probably be the most realistic movement of the mouths in a game to date. The faces dont look too bad either. I realise im commentating more about those 2 things than the game itself but it had to be said lol.

    Reply

  41. By kojack on 01-24-2011 00:07

    The story sounds great, the game looks great I think it's going to be an awesome game like always from Rockstar. I just have a couple of questions is it going to be freeroam and is there a multiplayer?

    Reply

  42. By Rocker2791 on 01-24-2011 19:16

    This game looks to be one of the best Rockstar titles yet. Thankfully this semester will be over by May =D

    Reply

  43. By mc594 on 01-25-2011 21:37

    Yesss...the game I was most looking forward to this year is coming out on my birthday!! Now I have even more reason to get it. :P I mean, other than this trailer.

    Reply